Search This Blog

Friday, January 20, 2012

Ordinarily I Don't Do This.....

           Alright I'm going to start off by saying this blog is about ME, ME, ME, ME! Names and locations are the same and I am the innocent and the guilty! With that said, I'll start from the beginning.... It was back to school time and I needed to do some back to school shopping for my children. It was a beautiful day out and for the first time in a while my schedule was free. I went walking around the mall but didn't see much. As I was headed away from the mall I saw K-Mart with a huge Back to School Sale sign up. Normally I don't shop at K-Mart, nothing against it, but just never really went there. Anyway I stopped in and they had some cute clothes for my little ones. I went through the aisles at my leisure and picked out quite a few things. Once I got done shopping I realized that I had hundreds of dollars worth of stuff, which was not a problem but I was undecided if I wanted to pay cash, or charge it. I figured if I charged it I'd accumulate unnecessary interest so I decided to just pay cash. That was until I saw a sign that said LAYAWAY. Ordinarily I don't do this....... but I decided to just put the clothes on layaway and spend my cash on other things. I figured since I get paid in a couple of weeks I'll come back and get the clothes then. It would be before school started and way before the 60 day deadline. So I headed to the layaway counter, paid a portion of the cost, got my receipt, and left the store. Since I still had some cash on hand I continued shopping elsewhere and even went to see a movie. I had a wonderful day!
         OK so now its a couple of weeks later and time to go pick up my layaway. Once I get there the layaway service rep greets me, takes my receipt, and goes to the back to find my layaway. It seems like I'm standing there for a very long time waiting, but I didn't check the time so I wasn't exactly sure. I just patiently waited until she returned. Once she got back she told me that she could not find the items that matched the number printed on my receipt. She was puzzled and so was I. We both kind of figured she had over looked it. She asked me to hold on while she called someone else to the back to help her look. So I waited again. This time I made sure to check to see what time she left to go search again. 18 minutes passed before they came back. I was wondering how many layaways they had back there for it to be taking that long. The whole time I waited no other customers came to that counter or even passed by. The day I spent hours picking out these clothes it didn't really seem busy in the store, nor did it on this day. When they finally came back I asked what the problem was. The second service rep that was called to help stated that they couldn't find the bag of clothes that was tagged with a number to match the number on my receipt. She then asked the first rep if she checked the computer to see if my layaway had been cancelled. I asked why would my layaway be cancelled. The rep stated that sometimes people call in and cancel their layaways.....OK..... I'm not sure if it's just me or not, but I was thinking why would a person call to cancel a layaway then come to the store to pick it up. Sounds pretty odd. Anyway the lady typed the receipt number in the computer and a bunch of paper work printed up surprisingly she told me that my layaway WAS cancelled and that the clothes had been put back! ....OK... Now I'm more confused than before. So I asked her just out of curiosity, WHY was it cancelled? It had only been on layaway about 15 of the 60 days if even that long, and surely I didn't call and cancel it. She said she had no way of knowing exactly, but maybe I did cancel it. REALLY?????? Did she just really say that? OK what the hell is wrong with this lady thinking people are calling in and cancelling layaways then coming and faking like they don't know it's cancelled and trying to pick them up, I mean REALLYYYY!!!!! Who does this? And IF it is some person it definitely ain't me! UUUGGHHH!!! I'm clearly annoyed at this point! So instead of getting hostile, especially because now I'm thinking this lady is either on drugs or mentally challenged, I simply say, "OK whatever,  I'll just go find the stuff and purchase it, no big deal. May I please have my deposit?" Ordinarily I don't do this..... but yes, I did say it nice just like that. Very nice and sweet. Overly nice and sweet. No sense in acting up. 
        OK so now the second service rep that came to help which I'll now refer to as the crazy rep since she thinks everyone calls and cancels layaways, suddenly decides she can't help anymore, she needs to call the Customer Service Mgr. That seems odd. They are both just standing looking at me and none of this is making any sense to me. I immediately ask what's the problem. The crazy rep says, "Since YOU cancelled your layaway you have to pay a cancellation fee and a restock fee." I was like uuuhhh no I didn't cancel my layaway, so I shouldn't have to pay any fees. I would like back all the money I put down so I can just go. It took about 30 seconds for the Customer Service Mgr to get there and ask what the problem was. The crazy rep immediately says "SHE cancelled her layaway and doesn't want to pay the cancellation fee and the restock fee." I'm standing there with my eyes wide like now I KNOW she didn't just say that. SMH. So the Mgr starts in explaining that on my receipt it states the layaway rules and fees and so on. After she finishes I explain to her that I did not CANCEL anything, in fact I came to pick it up and for whatever reason it was put back and the store cancelled it. I could only guess it had been a mistake on the store's behalf. All I wanted was my money so I could leave. The mgr completely ignores everything I said and starts reading the cancellation information off the receipt to me. She then does a transaction on the register and gives me part of my money back. The whole time I'm thinking this has to be a joke or something because this is unreal!!! After a few times of us going back and forth with me trying to politely explain what took place and her trying to explain the layaway rules, I just tell her that I'm not leaving until I get my money back. By now I'm outraged, but still trying to keep it together. The first rep who originally helped me walked away. I can only guess she felt like she was no longer needed. The crazy rep was still there watching the mgr and I. And by now a lady and her child had walked up watching as well. I'm guessing this audience prompted the mgr to give me more of my money in hopes that I'd just take it and leave. She decides to give me the amount of the restock fee but still not the cancellation fee. The restock fee was only a little over $5. Now with that said I don't care if it was 5 cent it was mine and I wanted it, but I guess since she figured it wasn't that much to her so she'd give it to me as a bargaining tactic and make me leave. Since she actually said I'll go ahead this once and give you the restock fee so you can leave, like she was doing ME a favor. Then she opens the register and starts taking out a bunch of change, dimes, nickels, and pennies. I was hoping that she wasn't going to be a fool by giving me all my money back in change. I don't have anything against coins, but she did have dollar bills in the cash register because I could see them. Well not only did she give me all change but she had the nerve to throw it on the counter making change scatter all over. A few coins fell on the floor, and even a few pennies hit my arm. Then she had the nerve to say, " NEXT TIME YOU SHOULD WAIT UNTIL YOU CAN AFFORD TO BUY YOUR CLOTHES BECAUSE I DON'T THINK LAYAWAY IS FOR YOU!!!" .... OOOOMMMMMMGGGGG!!!!!!! What did she say that for?!?!?! Everyone just looked at me to see what I was going to do. I didn't even react. Ordinarily I don't do this....... but I just calmly scooped up ALL of the change, every single coin, and made sure it was all tightly in my hand. Once I had all my money I reached back to gather as much momentum as possible and launched all that change at her head, face, and chest with all my might, and I said in my calmest voice, "NEXT TIME YOU SHOULD CHOSE A DIFFERENT JOB BECAUSE I DON'T THINK CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGEMENT IS FOR YOU!" Change hit her and the crazy service rep next to her. They both stood looking stunned. I'm not sure why though. They had to expect something in return. I feel like they lucky I didn't pull my pants down and take a dump on the counter!!! They had pushed all my buttons by then and I don't know why they felt like they could harass me and rip me off and it be OK. Oh HELL TO THE NAW!!!! Maybe because I wasn't yelling and screaming they were a little thrown off, I'm not sure and I didn't care. By then the mgr was yelling at me though, saying get out of HER store and she told the crazy service rep to call security on me and if I don't leave to call the police. I asked her for the company's Corporate Office number and her name, I planned to report this store. (S/O to KIM, yea I remember your name chick, I think you still got some change in your hair B!TCH!!!) Oh, Sorry I got side tracked, but anyway they were really out of line. The lady scribbled down a number on the back of a receipt and pushed it towards me mumbling a curse word at me under her breath. Of course I was close enough to hear it. That really set me off. She was the WORST! Ordinarily I don't do this..... but I told her to kiss my ass! She then decided to say, "you're real classy using profanity in front of a child" referring to the customer's child that was standing with her. I couldn't believe the mgr was acting as if she wasn't saying or doing anything wrong. Now ordinarily I don't do this.... but I hollered as loud as I could at her, "F*@K YOU, F*@K HER STANDING NEXT TO YOU, F*@K THIS CUSTOMER, AND F*@K THIS CUSTOMER'S KID TOO!!!! Y'ALL CAN ALL KISS MY A$$!!!!" During this speech I made sure to point each one of them out so there was no misunderstanding of who I was talking about including the kid!
    OK so by now I turn around and see an old dude in a security guard uniform out of my peripheral vision. I wanted to start rolling on the floor laughing. The dude reminded me of the old dude that played on the TV show Martin. He was slowly walking towards me to tell me to leave the store. I had decided I was leaving anyway. I was fed up. So I turned to walk towards the front of the store where the doors where. He was hollering loud but slow saying you need to leave young lady before I call the police. I told him to go right ahead, call them so I could report them for harassing me and ripping me off. The next thing I know I feel him reaching out to touch my shoulder, and I'm thinking WTH?!?! I KNOOOWWW this dude ain't trying to touch me. Ordinarily I don't do this.... but I had to cuss this old dude out! I pretty much made it clear that he better get his hands off me because even though I was raised right I could always go wrong!!! And I had no problems fighting an old man! He don't need to touch me and I don't touch him! Not to mention I KNOW how to get out the store, the same DAMN way I came in. It's only one set of doors. The store ain't but so big and NO I wasn't lost so I didn't need help or an annoying chaperon walking me out! Before I exited the doors he told me I was banned from the store and NEVER allowed back. WWWOOOOWWWWW!!! I expressed to him that I was soooooo disappointed and I couldn't go on any longer knowing that I would no longer be allowed back there. When I got to my car I saw him still standing out front watching me. I just shook my head. I thought about all the crazy stuff you see on TV about people driving their cars into buildings. I see why now!!! I was so tempted to, but I figured it wasn't worth it. I didn't want to hurt anyone, just to annoy them, bother them, inconvenience them, and cost them money like they had done me. I knew in the end I'd be the one to suffer behind that incident so I just drove home. I called the Corporate number the mgr gave me and reported them.  It took 4 weeks but SURPRISINGLY they mailed me all of the rest of my money back with an apology. Now that's good customer service! 
       OK so now I know you probably have questions like have I been back there? NO I haven't. Didn't you read the part that said I was banned. He looked funny and sounded funny when he said it but I'm sure the security guard was serious. It's funny too because the kids always find the need to want to go there now after the banning. I think they bring it up just so I can say no, remember I'm banned. And some of you may wonder did I see those ladies again? NO and I'm actually glad I didn't especially the manager cause I probably would have had to knock her upside her head, and I really don't wanna go to jail for assault or battery. That would be frowned upon!  And some of you may be wondering if I ever got school clothes? YES of course...... oh and I'm sure y'all probably wanna know WHY I had to say F*@K the kid, the answer to that is simple, because they FORCED MY HAND! LMAOOOO... I already explained more than once that Ordinarily I Don't Do This......

6 comments:

  1. OMG... Saw this lady drivin home (must have been the same day), with coins stuck in her hair...too funny.
    After reading this I just fell outta my bed and am now literally on the floor laughing.
    I'd have paid good money too see this live, but sorry u went thru this.
    I'm usually VERY calm n laid back, but every once in a while even I snap...glad u didn't get locked up though.
    Hey u wanna go back there again, I heard they have a blue light special? Lmao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ordinarily I don't do this but I decided to reply to the comments on this post since it is actually about me. Lol. I'm so glad you were able to laugh at this experience. As I reread it I laughed to; however when it happened I was so mad I thought my head was gonna explode off my neck. I'm a pretty calm person but this was too ridiculous! Any time we drive past a K-Mart now my kids will ask if I am still banned? LMAO!!!

      Delete
  2. Ok, you are wayyyy better than me cause I would have went to jail for going ham on both of those females.....LWIJ(laughing while in jail)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girlllllll, what is up with that , remember when we got thrown out of the chinese restaurant. you don't have any manners, and i know i taught you better. You just should have given her the beat down, YOU ARE GETTING TO SOFT!!!!!! REMEMBER mamma said KNOCK YOU OUT!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey now IDK what you talking about LOL!!! I don't remember getting thrown out of a Chinese Restaurant! I will admit I am banned from SEVERAL businesses but don't remember the Chinese place!! Hhhhhmmmmm ......interesting......I'm thinking........

    ReplyDelete