Search This Blog

Monday, January 2, 2012

The Phonebook

I just had to post this story and what's worse its sooooo true. A really close friend that I grew up with came to me saying she wanted to talk about a problem in her relationship. I'm thinking cool, whatever it is can be solved. Things seemed to be going well from the outside looking in so I'm feeling like its not going to be too serious. So anyway, she immediately starts off saying that her boyfriend beats her. I was stunned. I never imagined that was gonna come up. I told her to call the police and to leave ASAP. Then to my surprise she said she did but it didn't work. I'm thinking how the heck didn't it work. Now I got a million thoughts in my head. I'm recalling everything I've seen about abuse from others I know AND in all those lifetime movies, trying to rapidly think of a plan to save my friend. She explains that one day they "got into it" and she called the police and they came and threatened to arrest her. What???? Why???? So now I'm confused for real. I'm thinking why the hell would they do that, what sense does that make? She said that he hit her in the face like 3 or 4 times but she couldn't prove it, and they saw the scratches she put on him so they figured she was lying and she was the abuser. WOW!! So now I'm demanding the whole story cause some thing doesn't seem right. We have been close friends for a while so I know she has the potential to be the aggressive one in a relationship, and I know it is very possible for women to abuse a man. Ok, so this is what she tells me; they were at home arguing all morning over something stupid which she didn't even remember now, then she threatened him by saying she'd stab him and she started talking a bunch of shit to piss him off. He gets mad and leaves the house. He came back the next day. So now she is mad demanding to know where he was all night. He ignores her so in her anger she starts hitting him. During this time he is trying to hold her down and restrain her and stop her from hitting him in the face. Afterwards he threatens to call the police on her so she finally stops. He retreats to their room and locks himself in. She decides that she is satisfied for now. She hit him a few times, pissed him off and has him prisoner in their home. She decides to go watch TV. Hours pass and when he finally comes out. He comes and sits down to talk with her. Then here comes the shocker..... he grabs the Yellow Pages Phone book off the coffee table and puts it up to her face and starts punching it. WOW!!! It's wrong, but all I could do was laugh!!!!! LMAOOOOOO. Tears were streaming down my face from laughter by the time I calmed down. So yea, anyway then she finishes by saying she called the police but since there were no bruise on her face they didn't arrest him. Then she says that was the first time. Well that means this has happened more than once. Apparently she goes berserk on him and to get back at her he puts a phone book up to her face and punches it to hurt her without making bruises. I'm guessing the book is thick enough to absorb the punch but still stun her from the pressure of the hit. That's just my guess cause I'm not trying to find out. Being the person I am I just gave her my honest feelings about this situation. My first words were, "Girl that's crazy as hell, but you a damn fool!" First off my thoughts are men shouldn't ever hit a woman, but women shouldn't hit on their man either! If things get that bad leave, leave, leave!!! And if you gonna be the fool that stays and starts fights knowing the repercussions then you should get rid of ALL the phonebooks in the house. As a matter of fact ALL the damn reading material would be gone after that first time, no magazines, newspapers, kids would have to leave their book bags outside on the porch and everything!!! Now I'm thinking what happened the second time. Did he say hey, you wanna order a pizza, I'll get the phonebook and find the number, then put it to her face real quick and start going at it. I mean really. The phone book is not small. So he gotta hold it up with one hand while keeping it steady to her face, and punching it. Was she sitting still helping him balance? Was she holding it for him? When she saw him with a phone book in his hand, shouldn't she run? Should she start wearing a helmet with a face guard? Should she make a suit of armor out of phonebooks to help protect against the next attack? I'm just saying. That all sounds crazy to me! In the end my advice was to just leave. She wanted to work it out and stay so that's the end of me speaking on it. I do however randomly ask has she got phone booked lately, just to see what she says. After a story like that I admit, I'm curious. Her reply is usually some smart comment. And yeah we are still close friends. She is grown enough to know better !!! It's nothing I can do. On another note, I'm thinking now, should Tommy's mom (referring to first blog post) have phone booked him as punishment for cutting that shirt? NAW..... I'm joking LOL...... PSA: And yeah, please don't try this at home!!! LMAOOOOO

7 comments:

  1. Lmao! I am at a loss for words.. all jokes aside I hope they go there seperate ways before somebody gets serioulsy hurt. On tge flip side tell her she might want to start getting to the phone book first.. Phone booked. Bahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is unreal. Is she still with this dude. I can't believe anyone would actually think of something like this. This has to be a passed down behavior which was derived from someone who is a repeat abuser. OMG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lmao too much! Yes she had to just lay there and get phonebooked all up in the face.....a shame it is. Lol hella funny though. Now the phonebooks all tiny...guess you just slap someone with those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny...i'm in tears from laughing so hard! Is it abuse if i phonebook my kids?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That story was as funny as it was disturbing. That du.de its crazy and smart bad combo for her. She is crazy too if she still there and still getting phonebooked Im sure of it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl I hope they not still together. I would have been calling you asking to help get me out of jail.

    ReplyDelete